[Paraview] Questions regarding vtktemporalpick and xyplot

Márcio Ricardo Pivello pivello at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 12:29:14 EDT 2006

Hi, I've written a pvbatch script to calculate the average pressure on a
series of planes (cut filters) spamming a time interval (input is written in
Ensight file format, if it matters).

The basic sequence is

Cut -> IntegrateAttributes -> TemporalPick -> XYPlot

And this sequence loops over the time, reading each of the ensight input
files.

I have to use PrintAsCSV to get the data from TemporalPick filter to a file,
but I want to avoid this for two reasons:

1. it makes the process too slow
2. I have 200 cut filters and 100 time steps, meaning that there would be
20000 cut filters in the end of the work. After approximately 1000 cuts are
made, pvbatch stops with the message

Process Cutter [...........]
Process IntegrateAttributes [...........]
Process TemporalPickFilter [...........]
Process MPIMoveData [...........]
Xlib: No protocol specified

ERROR: In /home/amy/ParaViewReleaseRoot/paraview-2.4.4
/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 477
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x2891bbc8): bad X server connection.

Xlib: No protocol specified

ERROR: In /home/amy/ParaViewReleaseRoot/paraview-2.4.4
/VTK/Rendering/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 309
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x2891bbc8): bad X server connection.

segmentation fault.

first question: What does this error mean? It looks like an error in X, not
in paraview, right?
second question: Regardless of the above error, how can I get the average
pressure from TemporalPick without using XYPlot, render or any graphical
object?

Thanks in advance

Márcio