RES: [Paraview] PV 64bit binary for Windows

rnelias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Thu Oct 19 10:09:00 EDT 2006

Hi Karla,

It seems there's a lot of people waiting for the same thing (a PV binary
distribution for Win64)

I tried, unsuccessfully, to compile PV 2.2.1 and PV 2.4.3 with Visual Studio
2005 in x64. In fact, I'm still having problems to compile PV even for 32
bits with VS2005 -- imagine for 64 bits...

Hey folks, Does anyone know what is the mistery behind Visual Studio 2005
that the binaries produced always ask for a DLL (MSVCR80.dll) and never
works?! I tried static/dynamic linking but nothing worked :-)

Regards

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias
High Performance Computing Center