RES: [Paraview] How to write a compressed .vts file?

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Mon Oct 9 12:31:47 EDT 2006

Just a note regarding the Ensight's format (which is the file format that I
also like to use with PV - for me, it's the easiest the most powerful
format).

The problem when using Ensight's format with PV is that some features are
not fully supported in newer releases. I'm still using PV 2.2.1 because some
feaures does not work well in the later releases (2.4.x) when the data is
loaded from Ensight's readers.

some missing features that I already noted:

- Clean to grid (which removes the parallel communication interface by
merging coincident nodes)
- Volume rendering animation
- Lookmarks (always crash when using Ensight's format)

By the way, does anybody already got success in loading Ensight's data in PV
2.9.x? I only got some error messages point to Berk's directories. I guess,
the binaries distributed were compiled with absolute directory paths which
inherited the Berk's path ;o)

------------

ERROR: In C:\berk\work\ParaView3-release\VTK\IO\vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx,
line 375
vtkGenericEnSightReader (0604D558): Unable to open file: zalesak_1.geo00

Warning: In
C:\berk\work\ParaView3-release\VTK\IO\vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx, line 376
vtkGenericEnSightReader (0604D558): Assuming binary file.

Regards

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias
High Performance Computing Center