[Paraview] How to write a compressed .vts file?

Nancy haifang_zhou at 163.com
Sun Oct 8 23:15:33 EDT 2006

Hi,all,

I want to insert a writer into my simulation program to output the data in compressed .vts format.
I first compressed the raw data with zlib-1.2.3, and then encoded the compressed data in base64, and then
listed it inside the DataArray element of .vts file.
But, when I open this .vts file by Paraview, there is error that says "Error reading beginning of compression header.
Read 0 of 12 bytes".

Who can give me a compressed .vts file writer or tell me how to write this writer?

Nancy
2006-10-09