[Paraview] pv2.9 features...

Alberto Fernandez alberto at cognitdesign.com
Sat Oct 7 07:47:26 EDT 2006

Hello everybody,
I don't know if it is too early to mention it but I'm trying to read a
Ensight case that works fine with 2.4 in 2.9.3 (October) and I keep
getting errors.
¿Is the ensight reader supposed to be working already?
The process I'm following is:
1 File/open
2 built in server, connect
3 select the .case file, Ok
then I get the following error:

ERROR: In
C:\berk\work\ParaView3-release\VTK\IO\vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx, line 264

vtkGenericEnSightReader (0DBC46A0): A case file name must be specified.

ERROR: In
C:\berk\work\ParaView3-release\VTK\IO\vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx, line 712

vtkGenericEnSightReader (0DBC46A0): Error determining EnSightVersion

ERROR: In C:\berk\work\ParaView3-release\VTK\Filtering\vtkExecutive.cxx,
line 757

vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0DBE1930): Algorithm
vtkGenericEnSightReader(0DBC46A0) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (0DBC57C0)

Debug: Off

Modified Time: 35448

Reference Count: 1

Registered Events: (none)

Request: REQUEST_INFORMATION

FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

KEYS_TO_COPY: COMPOSITE_DATA_INFORMATION

I have notice that the CaseFileName box in the Object Inspector to the
left is empty so I try again to put the case file there by:
click on ... , select the file and Ok.
Then I click accept in the object inspector.
Then I get the following error message:

ERROR: In
C:\berk\work\ParaView3-release\VTK\IO\vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx, line 476

vtkGenericEnSightReader (0DBC46A0): Unable to open file: test_1_prism.geo

Warning: In
C:\berk\work\ParaView3-release\VTK\IO\vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx, line 477

vtkGenericEnSightReader (0DBC46A0): Assuming binary file.

ERROR: In
C:\berk\work\ParaView3-release\VTK\IO\vtkEnSight6BinaryReader.cxx, line 103

vtkEnSight6BinaryReader (0C31E9C0): stat failed.

ERROR: In
C:\berk\work\ParaView3-release\VTK\IO\vtkEnSight6BinaryReader.cxx, line 154

vtkEnSight6BinaryReader (0C31E9C0): Unable to open file: test_1_prism.geo

ERROR: In C:\berk\work\ParaView3-release\VTK\IO\vtkEnSightReader.cxx,
line 270

vtkEnSight6BinaryReader (0C31E9C0): error reading geometry file

ERROR: In C:\berk\work\ParaView3-release\VTK\Filtering\vtkExecutive.cxx,
line 757

vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0DC43CF0): Algorithm
vtkEnSight6BinaryReader(0C31E9C0) returned failure for request:
vtkInformation (0DC472C0)

Debug: Off

Modified Time: 48158

Reference Count: 1

Registered Events: (none)

Request: REQUEST_DATA

FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

KEYS_TO_COPY: UPDATE_BLOCKS

FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0

I have also tried the example data in this format that comes with
version 2.4 just in case it would be something wrong with my case. It
problem is the same.
If this is known and it is still a reader in development just ignore my
post, but I thought it could be useful to you guys if it is supposed to
be working.
later,

--
Alberto Fernández