[Paraview] Linking Paraview with already installed libraries

Francesco Poli frx at firenze.linux.it
Thu Oct 5 19:07:22 EDT 2006

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 14:31:30 -0400 Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 19:34 +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> > > Can CMake find VTK in Paraview? Specifically if CMake finds
> > > ParaView will that satisfy a "FIND_PACKAGE(VTK REQUIRED)"?
> >
> > If this is a question for me, I'm afraid I fail to understand it...
> > :-(
>
> No, not really. I was just thinking that since ParaView is VTK +
> ParaView you might want only ParaView. All the shared libraries will
> be there, right? The only trouble that jumps to my mind is that other
> projects that require VTK and are configured with CMake might know
> that they have a perfectly good VTK if they have ParaView.

What about projects that aren't configured with CMake?

Anyway, my situation is different: I already have VTK, Tcl/Tk, and so
forth, installed on my system, because those libraries are part of
Debian and are required by other packages I previously installed.
Adding another copy of those libraries would be a waste of disk space
(and my hard disk is not too large...).

--
But it is also tradition that times *must* and always
do change, my friend.   -- from _Coming to America_