[Paraview] Opening PVD Files Referencing Thousands of Files

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Thu Nov 30 10:35:39 EST 2006

This message includes a fix for the problem described below. If you are using 2.4.4 you could simply replace <source>/Servers/Filters/vtkXMLCollectionReader.cxx with the attachment.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center

$ diff vtkXMLCollectionReader.cxx vtkXMLCollectionReader_original.cxx
1,2d0
< /* Modified to Work Better wtih Many Input Files   CMU/PSC/KEE 11/20/2006 */
<
308,317d305
<   int restrictFlag = ( this->Internal->Restrictions.size() ) == 0;
<   if( restrictFlag ) {
<      if( this->GetAttributeIndex("timestep") >= 0 ) {
<         this->SetRestriction( "timestep", "0" );
<      }
<      else {
<         restrictFlag = 0;
<      }
<   }
<
367d354
<   if( restrictFlag ) this->SetRestriction( "timestep", 0 );