[Paraview] Compile Errors with ParaView and my own Modules

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Sun Nov 12 09:56:16 EST 2006

I am trying to have my own libraries compiled into ParaView but I am getting
an error that I think is related to the XML files.

 I know that everything works as a separate library because I can compile up
everything, launch ParaView, select "Import Package", select my package xml
file and then load my data.

I followed the instructions in the ParaView Book to create the
XXXParaViewImport.cmake file. I then went through ccmake and setup
everything in there and then stated compiling.

Here is the error:

-- Generate module: rendering
-- Generate module: writers
Cannot extract module name from the file:
/Users/mjackson/Projects/Task_4/PVDislocationModules/PVDislocationModules.pv
sm
make[2]: *** [Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMGeneratedModules.h] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Servers/ServerManager/CMakeFiles/vtkPVServerManager.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

This is on OS X (10.4.8) with the latest Dev Tools (Xcode 2.4.1) although I
am using a Make project and Xcode has nothing to do with this compile.

Here is my PVDislocationModulesParaViewImport.cmake file
--------------------------
# specify the name of the module
SET(MODULE_NAME PVDislocationModules)

# Specify non wrapped sources
SET (PVDislocationModules_SRCS
    "${PVDislocationModules_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkDislReaderLE.cxx"
)

# specify the sources that should be wrapped
SET(PVDislocationModules_WRAPPED_SRCS
    "${PVDislocationModules_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkFCCGlidePlaneFilter.cxx"
    "${PVDislocationModules_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkBurgerVectorFilter.cxx"
    "${PVDislocationModules_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkParadisReader.cxx"
)

#-- Set any include Directories this module needs
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${PVDislocationModules_SOURCE_DIR})

#-- Invoke this macro to add link libraries to PV
PARAVIEW_LINK_LIBRARIES("${PVDislocationModules_LIBS}")

#-- Invoke this Macro to add the sources to paraview and
#-- wrap them for the client server
PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_WRAPPED_SOURCES ("${PVDislocationModules_WRAPPED_SRCS}")

#-- Invoke this macro to include non-wrapped sources in the build
PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_SOURCES("${PVDislocationModules_SRCS}")

# Place the package configuration file into the build tree.
CONFIGURE_FILE(${PVDislocationModules_SOURCE_DIR}/${MODULE_NAME}.xml.in
               ${PVDislocationModules_SOURCE_DIR}/${MODULE_NAME}.xml @ONLY
IMMEDIATE)

# Place the package configuration file into the build tree.
CONFIGURE_FILE(${PVDislocationModules_SOURCE_DIR}/${MODULE_NAME}.pvsm.in
               ${PVDislocationModules_SOURCE_DIR}/${MODULE_NAME}.pvsm @ONLY
IMMEDIATE)

PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_SERVERMANAGER_RESOURCES("${PVDislocationModules_SOURCE_DIR}
/${MODULE_NAME}.pvsm")

PARAVIEW_INCLUDE_GUI_RESOURCES("${PVDislocationModules_SOURCE_DIR}/${MODULE_
NAME}.XML")

Here is the first part from my GUI XML file
-------------------------
<ModuleInterface>
 <Library name="PVDislocationModules"
directory="/Users/Shared/OpenSource/pvbuild/bin"/>
 <ServerManagerFile name="PVDislocationModules.pvsm"/>

And in the same folder is the PVDislocationModules.pvsm File.  Is there
something wrong with my XML files?

I can post my ParaView CMakeCache.txt if needed.

Thanks for any help
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer