[Paraview] Exposing Timesteps in a Custom File Format

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Wed Nov 8 17:54:13 EST 2006

Thanks for the info.. I managed to get parts of my reader working but I am
having trouble getting some others working.

The Range for Timesteps that show up in ParaView is always 0 to 100. I have
500 in my file. I have the public set/get methods for TimeStepRange. Is
there somewhere else that I should have some accessors? Looking through the
Exodus Reader is not really yielding anything.

I can post my xml files if needed.. I am sure I am just missing something
simple.

Also, when I get a pointer to the vtkUnstructuredGrid from the OUtputVector
in RequestData method there seems to be something fishy about using that
Object as it causes an EXEC_BAD_ACCESS when trying to add a new cell to it.
Is there some sort of initialization that I need to be doing? I do create my
own vtkPoints object and set that into the vtkUnstructuredGrid? Is that a
problem? Should I be using the vtkPOints from the grid?

Thanks for the help.
Mike Jackson