[Paraview] Render a Tile

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Nov 7 14:22:12 EST 2006

IceT works fine for compositing only a single tile.  In fact, this is
the default mode when starting ParaView in client/server with desktop
delivery.

The real issue is the volume mappers that ParaView gives access to.
Right now, ParaView only gives access to the unstructured grid volume
mappers.  Structured volume rendering is going to be added before the
release of ParaView 2.6, but I have been told for that release ParaView
will only support vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper.

It is also possible to use VTK+IceT without ParaView, but tricky.

-Ken