[Paraview] Re: Python wrapping

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Mar 31 08:19:29 EST 2006

Python wrapping in ParaView provides a Python scripting interface for
the ServerManager. When enabled, it will build a pvpython executable
which is a python interpretor. Once can access the proxy manager, create
new proxies, modify their properties etc using a python script. This is
similar to the current batch script written out by ParaView, except that
batch (*.pvb) is in tcl.

In the current CVS head, there are python scripting tests for the server
manager, they should be a good starting point to understand how to
access the Server Manager through python. Check in
Servers/ServerManager/Testing/Python.

Hope this helps,
Utkarsh.

ps. the CVS head has also been patched to install
libvtkPVServerCommonPython.so and libvtkPVServerManagerPython.so. Thanks
for bringing it to our attention.