[Paraview] vtkVRMLExporter and vtkIVExporter .xml and .pvsm

Karla Vega vega at tacc.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 29 10:48:01 EST 2006

Hi Diego,

I want to thank you for the example you gave me, however, I still cannot get the files to work. Maybe you could look over them and let me know if I doing something wrong?
Here is what I'm doing:

XML FILE
---------------------
<ModuleInterface>
 <ServerManagerFile name="vtkVRMLExporter.pvsm" />

 <Writer input="vtkDataSet"
         class="vtkPVWriter"
         writer="vtkVRMLExporter"
         extension=".wrl"
         file_description="VRML 2.0"/>
</ModuleInterface>
------------------------------------
PVSM FILE
-------------------------------------
<ServerManagerConfiguration>
  <ProxyGroup name="writers">
   <WriterProxy name="VRMLExporter" class="vtkVRMLExporter">
     <InputProperty name="Input" command="SetInput">
          <ProxyGroupDomain name="groups">
            <Group name="sources"/>
            <Group name="filters"/>
          </ProxyGroupDomain>
          <DataTypeDomain name="input_type">
            <DataType value="vtkDataSet"/>
          </DataTypeDomain>
     </InputProperty>

     <StringVectorProperty
         name="Filename"
         animateable="1"
         command="SetFileName"
         number_of_elements="1">
         <StringListDomain name="files"/>
     </StringVectorProperty>
    </WriterProxy>
  </ProxyGroup>
</ServerManagerConfiguration>

THIS IS THE ERROR I GET WITH PARAVIEW 2.2

# Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in file: /home/amy/ParaViewReleaseRoot /paraview-2.2.1/Servers/Common/vtkProcessModule.cxx (548)
 Object type: vtkVRMLExporter, could not find requested method: "SetInput"
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

while processing
Message 2 = Invoke
  Argument 0 = id_value {629}
  Argument 1 = string_value {SetInput}
  Argument 2 = id_value {554}
ErrorMessage end
ErrorMessage
# Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in file: /home/amy/ParaViewReleaseRoot /paraview-2.2.1/Servers/Common/vtkProcessModule.cxx (550)
 Aborting execution for debugging purposes.
ErrorMessage end

THIS IS THE ERROR I GET WITH PARAVIEW 2.4
ErrorMessage
# Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in file: /home/amy/ParaViewReleaseRoot/paraview-2.4.2/GUI/Client/vtkPVXMLPackageParser.cxx (851)
 vtkPVXMLPackageParser (0x8e31180): Writer has no extensions attribute.
ErrorMessage end

Thank you so much for you help!

Karla Vega
Email: vega at tacc.utexas.edu