[Paraview] How to adjust colors, Newbie question

tchumat at astro.helsinki.fi tchumat at astro.helsinki.fi
Wed Mar 29 08:07:59 EST 2006

Hello!

I am plotting vtk unstructured grid data which look like:

Point data
1 1 1
1 2 -1
..
CELL_TYPES 10
7
7
..
CELL DATA 10
COLOR_SCALARS colors 1
1
0.1
0.5
0.4

When paraview displays the data, it plots the values in the scalar bar
starting from 0 to 255. But I would like to have the labels to display
the actual color scalar value for example 0.8. Does this work? Changing
the parameters of the color map changes also the ranges of values to be
plotted, and I do not want to do that.

It would also be great to assign a color to a data set with values
ranging from 10^-5 to 0.1 (or 10^-5 until 1000) and to display the
correct label of the colors beside the plot.  The manual states that
this is done automatically, but unfortunatelly, I did not figure out
how to do this, sorry for this newbie question. But it would be really
nice if somebody could explain it to me :-)

Thanks in advance!

Tchu