[Paraview] computing lift/drag coefficient/force in 2d using paraview

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 13 08:28:37 EST 2006

PV does have a calculator module but I do not think using it to derive
e.g. traction forces on the boundaries is the right/easy thing to do. Do
derive the forces yourself and export them along with pressure and
velocity in a PV-readable file (e.g. legacy binary with velocity/forces
as vectors pressure as scalar) - you can do very good visualization. I
have beed very succesful with such a solution.
bye
DS

Ben Tay wrote:
> hi,
>
> i need to compute lift/drag coefficient/force in 2d for flow past
> cylinder/airfoil etc. my output data is single structured c-grid with
> cell center velocities/pressure. I am trying to explore different
> software to find out which is better. Has anybody tried using paraview.
> Is it easy? thanks.

Dominik Szczerba, Dr.
ETZ C110 CO-ME/BIWI CH-8092 Zurich
http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~domi