[Paraview] write binary VTK -rectilinear grid data- using fortran77

Adrian Magda amagda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 06:22:30 EST 2006

Hello all

I try to write binary data for Paraview in VTK format using fortran. The
code is something like this:

      OPEN (UNIT=NAUS1, FILE=FILE1,FORM='UNFORMATTED'
     +,STATUS='UNKNOWN',ERR=90998)

      WRITE (NAUGIT)'# vtk DataFile Version 2.0'
      WRITE (NAUGIT)'proba'
      WRITE (NAUGIT)'BINARY'
      WRITE (NAUGIT)'DATASET RECTILINEAR_GRID'

      WRITE (NAUGIT)'DIMENSIONS', NXGI, NYGI, NZGI

      WRITE (NAUGIT)'X_COORDINATES',NX,'float'
      WRITE (NAUS1)'Y_COORDINATES', NY,'float'
       WRITE (NAUS1)'Z_COORDINATES', NZ,'float'

Can somebody give me a hint because if i am using ASCII than i have no
problems, but when i try to use BINARY ,Paraview can not read it ..

Thanks a lot
Adrian