[Paraview] ''Insufficient disk space'' message while there is 200Gb free space

Joeri Wilms joeri.wilms at aeolus-consulting.be
Tue Jan 31 11:09:44 EST 2006

Hello Paraview users,

one of the regular error messages I have while using Paraview is the
following:

"There is insufficient disk space to save the images for this animation.
The file(s) already written will be deleted"

--it is not true that there is no disk space
--there are no files already written to be deleted
--I encounter this message often when trying to write a series of images
(.jpg .png) of a transient set of data to merge them later into one
animation.
--I do have full write access to the directory I'm trying  write to.
Paraview even has written previously a serie of images fro a very
similar case.
--exiting Paraview en restarting does not solve the problem; rebooting
the computer may help, but not always.

Anyone out there who recognises these symptoms? Any idea of what might
cause this behaviour?

thanks in advance for your help,
kind regards,

Joeri,
Belgium

--
"Nobody trusts a computer simulation except the guy who did it,
and everybody trusts experimental data, except the guy who did it."

ir. Joeri Wilms
CFD-consultant

Aeolus Consulting
tel. +32 16 20.46.65