RES: [Paraview] MPI + pareview compile on Cluster and Altix

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Thu Jan 19 07:44:01 EST 2006

Hi Abhi,

I've already compiled PV in a SGI Altix and could say that it's easy to do.
Just get the cmake (there is a ia64 version - 2.0.6 - already compiled) from
the Kitware site and the PV source files (*Unix gzipped files) and follow
the steps described in the PV source files folder (I couldn't explain the
compiling procedures better than in the PV files)

In your AMD64 system you'll need to compile cmake first, but it's not hard
to do. You only need to use your standard gcc distribution (default for any
Linux system).

Cheers

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias