[Paraview] Paraview Client/Server

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 13:09:13 EST 2006

Well, modifying the PVX file such as you've described doesn't seem to work.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<pvx>
  <Option Name="reverse-connection" Value="meteor.erdc.hpc.mil" />
  <Process Type="client">
    <Machine Name="meteor.erdc.hpc.mil" />
  </Process>
  <Process Type="render-server" />
  <Process Type="data-server">
    <Machine Name="prism.erdc.hpc.mil" />
  </Process>
</pvx>

I get the same identical error about connecting to localhost when I start
pvdataserver .  As for the command line, as I stated in the email that does
work, aside from wanting to do the rendering where the DAtaserver is.  So
again, how do I get the Dataserver on Prism, but Rendering & Client on
Meteor?

Just an observation, but a "strings * | grep render-server" comes up with
nothing (aside from the command-line arguments) on the linux packages
distributed via the website, but the compilation that I did on our Irix
shows a "render-server" line right around the "client" and "data-server"
lines, right next to a vtkPVOptionsXMLParser.  Is the render-server somehow
disabled in that release?  I'm currently attempting to compile it myself on
the linux system.