[Paraview] Distributed Parallel File

Kostja Kucher koskucher at yahoo.de
Tue Jan 3 07:48:00 EST 2006

Hello,

I installed Paraview 2.5 with mpi and mesa.

I managed to run Paraview in parallel when all files
(*.pvd and *.vtp) are in the same local directory on
the master node and can be accessed by the compute
nodes.

The problem is the netwok traffic that results from
using only the one directory. That is why I tried to
use local directories for the compute nodes (render
server). In this case the local dircectories can not
be seen from the master node (client).

Is this constellation possible in general and if so
can anyone tell me how to build a pvd file for this
case.

How do I have to write the relativ pathes for the vtp
files in case the local direcories can not be seen
from the master node (client)? Or is there an
alternative to the relative pathes?

Thanks for any help,
Kostja