[Paraview] One more question about Ensight files written inFortran...

SamuelKey samuelkey at comcast.net
Fri Feb 17 13:27:43 EST 2006

Renato,

I don't think I can help you with all of your problems.
But, for the EnSight 6 versus EnSight Gold PV
reader, I may have some information.

In my own Fortran-95 subroutines for writing EnSight
c-binary files, I discovered that with the two ASCII lines

FORTRAN
type: ensight gold

in the case file, the element-type keyword in the binary
geometry file for unstructured grids "hexa8" would
work with PV but "g_hexa8" would not work with PV.
The same is true for specifying any of the other unstructured
finite element types.

I have used my Fortran-95 generated c-binary files with
Ensight as well, and they work fine.

Maybe this helps a little.

Sam Key