[Paraview] save animation

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 15:28:08 EDT 2006

Your player probably does not support the encoding that we use.  It is
mpeg-2 encoding. There is a free decoder for windows. I think it's called
stinky's mpeg-2 codec. Alternatively, you can grab the ffmpeg sources from
http://vtk.org/get-software.php#addons, compile it and turn on ffmpeg
support in paraview. With that, you can create AVIs from linux/unix that are
better than mpeg-2. On Windows, you don't have to do anything to enable AVI
support. It's built-in. One caveat: I think ffmpeg requires gcc to compile.

-Berk