[Paraview] Paraview in Parallel-Server mode

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Wed Aug 9 12:02:26 EDT 2006

Randall,

Can you elaborate on the poor performance? We can get 30 frames/sec over
100T with IceT, I'm having a hard time believing that MPIRenderModule
actually performs better. The only circumstance I've seen where
MPIRenderModule outperforms IceT is when the client is like a laptop
with really slow pixel scaling. Can you give me details of your setup...
cluster specs... network specs... client specs...

Also I'm assuming that your compositing threshold is 0MB in both tests,
and subsampling is set to the same value, squirt compression is the
same, etc...

  Brian Wylie - Org 1424
  Sandia National Laboratories
  MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J