[Paraview] How does one add a Mapper to ParaView?

Jon Woodring woodring at lanl.gov
Thu Aug 3 15:03:52 EDT 2006

I've found the documentation in the Wiki and there doesn't seem to be
any (easy) way to add a Mapper to ParaView.

I have been able to compile a stand alone PV module, and my Mapper works
fine in a stand alone VTK program.

I have been able to generate the .pvsm for the module, but the hitch
comes to creating the .xml descriptor for the client.

Where do I go from here?  It it something that I am missing in the
client?  In the existing .xml files in the ParaView source, I do not see
any that describe the Mappers, though the .pvsm for the Mappers are
present for the server.  How do I hook in a new Mapper for the client?

Am I to assume that only readers, writers, and filters can be added to
ParaView at run time?  Thus, do I need to hack ParaView if I want it to
display data in a different method (use my Mapper)?

-Jon