[Paraview] ParaView Works Too Good

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Wed Aug 2 10:22:32 EDT 2006

The first time I compiled and ran 2.4.4 using my new module it produced the following error message (slightly edited) when ParaView was run:

   # Error or warning: ERROR: In
   .../paraview/VTK/IO/vtkXMLParser.cxx, line 211
   vtkSMXMLParser (142f3ab00): Cannot open XML file:
   .../myfiles/cloudSM.xml

but then it ran perfectly! The new module described in cloudSM.xml worked as expected. How can this be? Did you finish that new class vtkReadUsersMind?

I had a typo in the xml for my new module "cloud" and so the error was appropriate. But why didn't it catch this when ParaView was compiled?

More importantly, why is it loading files like this at runtime? If it requires such a file at runtime then everyone who uses ParaView at our site with my module will need access to my files. And I will not be able to move/change the referenced files.

Thanks in advance for any illumination!

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center