[Paraview] large differences in rendering times

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 09:43:57 EDT 2005

The main difference between ParaView 1.8 and 2.0 are:
* the pipeline change and addition of garbage collection
* new animation support.
The fact that (3) takes a lot less to render than (1) leads me to
believe that there is additional overhead due to the number of
filters/mappers in the pipeline.  It is hard to say more without
profiling information. I can look into this when I have some free
time. Can I have the data?

-Berk