[Paraview] create Animation from .pvd files

Felix Wolfheimer wolfheimer at temf.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Feb 25 09:00:48 EST 2005

Hello!

I use .pvd files to load different parts of a vectorfield from a
distributed simulation into ParaView. When I try to create an animation
using those files ("Action: Filename" in the animation section),
ParaView seems to load and display only the first part of the data
listed in the pvd file. For example: If I create .pvd files named
"a_field-{timestepnumber}.pvd", which contains

<VTKFile type="Collection">
<Collection>
<DataSet part="0" file="a_field-part0-{timestepnumber}.vtr"/>
<DataSet part="1" file="a_field-part1-{timestepnumber}.vtr"/>
</Collection>
</VTKFile>

then ParaView creates an animation using only the data from
a_field-part0-{timestepnumber}.vtr. The data from
a_field-part1-{timestepnumber}.vtr is displayed but does not change
during the animation. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Dipl.-Ing. Felix Wolfheimer
Institut für Theorie Elektromagnetischer Felder
Schlossgartenstr.8
64289 Darmstadt
Germany

Tel.: +49 06151/16-2561