[Paraview] mpirun pvserver: bad X server connection.

Alex Decastro decastro at sdsc.edu
Wed Dec 21 19:44:10 EST 2005

Thank you for the suggestion. I "setenv DISPLAY :0" in the .cshrc file.

Now, pvserver works when I am logged onto the console on both machines.

Is there a way to get pvserver to work without logging onto the console
for each machine?

Specifically, is there a way to:

1. Compile Paraview so that pvserver does not have any X server
dependency?

     I compiled Paraview with off-screen Mesa.

OR

2. Configure X server to allow windows to be opened by folks not on the
console?

     Security restrictions on our systems prevent me from using "xhost
+".