[Paraview] Re: Re: 1D Curve help!!!

szaghi at infinito.it szaghi at infinito.it
Tue Dec 20 03:08:49 EST 2005

Hi Dominik,
thank you very much, but we have a different problem; we
just use Paraview to visualize our 2D simulations adopting
the vtk ASCII legacy format... we look for a completly
open source replacement for TecPlot: Tecplot recognize a
simple ascii file like this
.1 .02 .65
.2 .50 .65
.6 .89 .44
.. ... ...
.. ... ...
.. ... ...
Tecplot read this file and recognize 3 variables giving
them the names "V1", "V2" and "V3".
We have the necessity to read a file like this without
header because we don't know "a priori" the number of
points that constituite the curve. The vtk formats (all
that we know) need an header where is specificated the
numbers of points. Paraview can read a file like this
(without header's specifications) in somewhat format?
Thank you  very much.

P.S. I am sorry for my very bad english...

> Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:57:43 +0100
>From: Dominik Szczerba <domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch>
> Subject: Re: [Paraview] 1D Curve help!!!
> Cc: paraview at paraview.org
>
> if it is a set of segments and not actually a real curve
>(spline) you
> can create a simple legacy ASCII vtk file - use
>unstructured grid (cells
> will be segments). see
> http://public.kitware.com/VTK/pdf/file-formats.pdf for
>more info
>
> dominik

INFINITO ADSLFLAT 4 MEGA: SOLO 27,90 EURO AL MESE IVA INCLUSA IP STATICO, BANDA GARANTITA 256Kbps ANTIVIRUS E FIREWALL INCLUSI NEL PREZZO

http://adsl.infinito.it