[Paraview] clip filter not cutting through elements

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Wed Dec 7 04:06:25 EST 2005

Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to have a clip filter that optionally doesnt cut through
> the elements but rather remove/preserve (whole) elements. Is there a way
> to do it in the current version?
> regards,
> Dominik

I will paraphrase my friend Berk: "it is just a GUI issue"

VTK already implements what you want in the vtkExtractGeometry. You only
have to make ParaView aware of it with the following XML. Just use
Import Package to load the XML file.

Once imported, you have a new Filter called "Extract Geometry". Check
the two buttons "Extract Boundary Cells" and "Extract Only Boundary
Cells" and you will have the plane, sphere and box clipping showing
whole cells.

I include the (xml and pvsm files) to import. Tested under Windows and
Linux for ParaView 2.4 and 2.5.

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/Favre.php