[Paraview] How to add a filter in ParaView for vtp files

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Thu Oct 7 03:00:36 EDT 2004

Vidya Raghavan wrote:

  Several questions that I have unanswered are:
> 1) How do I enable the filter when I load a .vtp file?

look at all the examples in your GUI/Client/Resources directory in
ParaView. Look at the file called Filters.xml

For example:

     <Filter class="vtkAllToNRedistributePolyData">
       <Input name="Input"
              class="vtkPolyData"/>
     </Filter>

That is the way to specify that your filter requires a vtkPolyData input.

> 2) How do I apply this code below to the current vtp file loaded in
> Paraview?

If you do step 1 above and if ParaView loads your XML file, then your
filter becomes available in the Filters list. Select your vtkPolyData
and apply your filter to it just like you would do any other Filter.

P.S. No need to send me a personnal mail. I receive both vtk and
paraview mailing lists.

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/Favre.php