[Paraview] Is scripting working?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Nov 22 08:49:08 EST 2004

valdo meyer wrote:
> Ok, replacing the usual brackets with "" seems to work, assuming there
> is no newline in the text. BUT what I understood by reading the coment
> "# The source modified is: vtkTemp1358" is that vtkTmp1358 was the Tcl
> command for the selected "source". I selected a vtkThreshold objects
> and, as a test, I would like to change the selected components at the
> middle of the animation, so I wrote:
>   if " $globalPVTime > 0.5"  " vtkTemp1358 ThresholdBetween 0 2 "
> and I get the following error "Object named: vtkTemp1358, could not find
> requested method: ThresholdBetween"
> What's wrong?

ParaView is no longer driven directly through Tcl scripting.  It now
uses a platform independent binary scripting language internally to
communicate across processes and to drive the VTK pipeline.  Only the
GUI is driven by Tcl/Tk.  The GUI however drives the internal scripting
language, so many things can still be done through Tcl, but indirectly.
  This is all still under development so there is no documentation
available.

-Brad