[Paraview] XML UnstructuredGrid With Multiple Parts

RAVINDRANATH LANKA rlanka at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 6 16:52:36 EST 2004

Hi,

I want to write Unstructured Grid/Field data in XML format with multiple
parts.
e.g.,

test.xml
<Collection>
<part> .... Name = "PleaseRecognizeMe-firstpart" File = "firstpart.xml"
</part>
<part> .... Name = "..." </part>
</Collection>

I would also like to use the base64 encoding with the Appended element tag
containing all the data. I have a few questions with regards to this.

i. Does paraview read the part names from the part tags.
ii. Is there any XML schema that I can refer to understand the usage of
appended data section. (file_format.pdf doesn't explain it all)
iii. Further, Can we have an appended section that is a child of collection
object that each of the parts could refer to.

Any information/help/comment is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi