[Paraview] Will paraview calculate ISO-surfaces given...

Mattijs Janssens m.janssens at nabla.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 09:44:57 EDT 2004

There is no need to install VTK. This is all built-in (in the paraview
executable).

You will need to create a vtk compatible input file from your data. Go
file->open data and see what formats it supports. You will need to use a
cell based format.

Mattijs

Henry J. Karpf wrote:

> So given just the points and values it will do what i am thinking? Right
> now i have just paraview installed, do i need to install VTK as well and
> then use it to generate the vtk file from my input?
>
> Mattijs Janssens wrote:
>
>> I assume the plane you are trying to create is given by a constant
>> value of your 'level set' field?
>>
>> The isosurface routine in vtk will do just that. It takes as input
>> values on vertices and interpolates linearly along the edges of the
>> cells to find the point where the iso value is. It then tries to
>> recreate a surface going through these point.
>>
>> Mattijs
>>
>> Henry J. Karpf wrote:
>>
>>> Will paraview calculate iso surfaces given a "cell" and then the
>>> level set value through that "cell".  Example, I have a whole bunch
>>> of Hexahedron cells, and then the points of the vertices of these
>>> cells, and a level set value at each of these points, I want to have
>>> paraview calculate and then render these level set planes. Is this
>>> possible?

/*---------------------------------------------------------*\
| ===========           Mattijs Janssens                    |
| \\        /           Development Engineer                |
|   \\    /             Nabla Ltd.                          |
|    \\  /              The Mews, Picketts Lodge            |
|     \\/               Picketts Lane, Salfords,            |
|     F ield            Surrey RH1 5RG.                     |
|     O peration        Tel: +44 (0)1293 821272             |
|     A nd              Email: m.janssens at Nabla.co.uk       |
|     M anipulation     URL: http://www.Nabla.co.uk         |