[Paraview] paraview

Mattijs Janssens m.janssens at nabla.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 04:41:37 EDT 2004

I think it means that your X-server (Xfree or Xorg I assume) does not
know the GLX (OpenGL over X?) protocol.

In Xfree you can load the module to implement the glx functionality. In
my /etc/X11/XF86Config file in the 'Module' section I have

Section "Module"
   Load         "dbe"
   Load         "type1"
   Load         "speedo"
   Load         "freetype"
   Load         "extmod"
   Load         "glx"
   Load         "v4l"
#  Load         "dri"
EndSection

and I assume the glx module implements the GLX protocol. After changing
this file you probably have to restart the X server.

Regards,

Mattijs

Motti wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I just installed paraview oon my linux PC (RedHat 9) and I am getting
> the following error message -
> Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> What does it mean?
> What do I have to do to make it work?
> Thanks
> Motti

/*---------------------------------------------------------*\
| ===========           Mattijs Janssens                    |
| \\        /           Development Engineer                |
|   \\    /             Nabla Ltd.                          |
|    \\  /              The Mews, Picketts Lodge            |
|     \\/               Picketts Lane, Salfords,            |
|     F ield            Surrey RH1 5RG.                     |
|     O peration        Tel: +44 (0)1293 821272             |
|     A nd              Email: m.janssens at Nabla.co.uk       |
|     M anipulation     URL: http://www.Nabla.co.uk         |