[Paraview] Re: How to run Paraview by MPI

Koichiro Suzuki suz at mito.ssd.ssg.fujitsu.com
Fri Jul 23 10:02:59 EDT 2004

Hello,all

>> Hello, all
>>
>>  I ran paraview1.4.3 by mpirun , but following error occured.

>> % mpirun -np 2 /home/suz/paraview143/bin/paraview --server
>> Waiting for client...
>> MPI_Recv: invalid tag argument (rank 1, comm 2)
>> Rank (1, MPI_COMM_WORLD): Call stack within LAM:
>> Rank (1, MPI_COMM_WORLD):  - MPI_Recv()
>> Rank (1, MPI_COMM_WORLD):  - main()
>>
>> One of the processes started by mpirun has exited with a nonzero exit
>> code.  This typically indicates that the process finished in error.
>> If your process did not finish in error, be sure to include a "return
>> 0" or "exit(0)" in your C code before exiting the application.
>>
>> PID 19998 failed on node n0 with exit status 1.
>>

>>  Please tell me how do I run Paraview by MPI?

 When I made with LAM/MPI, this error occurs.
 But I made with MPI-CH, I can run paraview right.
 I don't know the reason...

 Ccmake's flags are following in the case of MPI-CH.

 MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY                MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
 MPI_INCLUDE_PATH                 /home/suz/local/include
 MPI_LIBRARY                      /home/suz/local/lib/libmpich.a

 VTK_MPIRUN_EXE                   /home/suz/local/bin/mpirun
 VTK_MPI_MAX_NUMPROCS             2
 VTK_MPI_NUMPROC_FLAG             -np
 VTK_MPI_POSTFLAGS
 VTK_MPI_PREFLAGS