[Paraview] 64 Bit binaries?

Benjamin Ahrenholz ahrenholz at cab.bau.tu-bs.de
Wed Jul 14 15:10:23 EDT 2004

Hi all,

we are trying to visualize huge binary datafiles with ParaView. Each one
contains just single float values and has at least a size of 2 Gbyte (raw
binary or hdf5). However, a splitting of these files is costly and not very
usefull. Our hardware is theoretically capable of managing these amounts of
data (an Opteron Cluster with 160Gbyte RAM and 96 Processors under SuSE
64Bit and a VR-PC with Windows XP AMD64-Edition and 8Gbyte RAM. Our lack is
a compiler which can build either binaries for Windows64 or SuSE-Linux. On
Linux we already tried: PGI, gcc and Intel compilers - and failed :/
On Windows we are waiting for VS.NET 2005 which should be capable of
building optimized AMD64 code (the install of the May Preview did
unfortunatly fail). My question now: Does anybody has experience with
building binaries on 64Bit platforms? Or, can somebody provide binaries?
Preferably for Windows, but SuSE Linux would help a lot, too. Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

kind regards,

Benjamin Ahrenholz