[Paraview] Time series problem

ferrell at lanl.gov ferrell at lanl.gov
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 07:31:31 -0700

Stephen Wornom writes:
 > Hi Robert,
 > I have time series data as well but you are ahead of me in visualization.
 > 1-What does your batch script look like? That is the logic to read the
 > separate files?

What I've done in the past is simply name the files with a numeric
series:
 File0.vtk, File2.vtk ...

When I open File0.vtk I get a slider so I can access any of the other
files in the series.  In addition, I can choose the "Animation"
control from the "View" menu.  There, I make an action with the source
as the File0 object (it's available in the pull-down menu), and for
the parameter I choose "Filename".  That's enough to create an
animation through the time series.

Under the latest release, this does not work for me if I have more
than 100 files in the series.

 > 2-Are you using the mpi mode?

No, haven't done anything with mpi mode.

-r