[Paraview] mpi startup

Charles Law charles . law at kitware . com
Fri, 08 Aug 2003 09:42:07 -0400

Dave,

Tiled displays are being actively developed.  Two options have made it into
the ParaView 1.0 release (Chromium will be later).  ParaView has a native
option which is the default.  You have to run with the command line options
(for a 3x4 tiled display):

server:
mpirun -np 12 paraview --server
client:
paraview --client --host=serverName -td -tdx=4 -tdy=3

This "render module"  will duplicate small geometry on all tile processes,
and composite large geometry.

The second option uses the IceT rendering library developed at Sandia.
You have to compile IceT (available by CVS on paraview.org) and configure
ParaView to link to the IceT libraries.
You then can run:

server:
mpirun -np 12 paraview --server
client:
paraview --client --host=serverName -td -tdx=4 -tdy=3
--render-module=IceTDisplayRenderModule

This module does not currently have all the features of the native tiled
display render module, but it has better compositing performance.

Charles.