[Paraview-developers] information_only property doesn't update, please help

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue May 29 17:22:45 EDT 2018

Jussuf,

The debugger is your friend (and mine too). I'd suggest stepping through
the code and things will start getting clear. While
pqPropertyWidget::addPropertyLink has no docs, if you  follow the
code down to pqPropertyLinks::addPropertyLink there's quite a bit of docs.
Of course, community members are welcome to update docs, fill in the holes,
make things clearer, etc.

Thorough developer docs are ideal and we would love to, unfortunately, are
not something that we can do, given limited resources. Given a choice
between developing fixes/features paid for the supporters that fund ParaView
development, adding user docs/posts that impact a broader community of
users and adding
developer docs, I am afraid the first two always win out. Contributions are
always welcome, however.