[Paraview-developers] Editing filter parameters from OpenVR Plugin

Jan Schutte jan.o.schutte at gmail.com
Sun May 20 10:08:55 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I've been working on an extensions to the OpenVR plugin that allows users
to edit pipeline properties from inside VR.
I'm able to read what properties filters and sources have, and I'm able to
set these propterties but I haven't been able to
update the pipeline and show the changes in the VR renderer.

Here is an example from my code for setting a boolean value:

vtkSMIntVectorProperty* ivp =
vtkSMIntVectorProperty::SafeDownCast(this->property);
int value = ivp->GetElement(0);
if (value) {
ivp->SetElement(0, 0);
}
else {
ivp->SetElement(0, 1);
}

this->property->Modified(); // Does not work
this->proxy->UpdateVTKObjects(); // Does not work

As a test I try to set the *flip* property of a *clip* filter, I can see
the checkmark changing in the GUI, but the change is
not applied to the renderer and the apply button stay's inactive.

What steps do I need to take in order to update the whole pipeline (similar
to clicking apply in the desktop gui) apart from
what I'm doing now?

Regards,

Jan Schutte