[Paraview-developers] [EXTERNAL] Re: NVIDIA Index plugin

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Mar 29 21:18:09 EDT 2018

NVIDIA IndeX™ is a commercial 3D volumetric visualization SDK. It's
another way for using GPUs for volume rendering. Other existing VTK
volume mappers like the Hardware Accelerated Volume Mapper also uses
GPUs for volume rendering, but a different implementation.

To simply use GPUs on your cluster, building with EGL indeed would be
the way to go (instead of OS Mesa, for example). Then when you use the
hardware accelerated volume mapper (which is default for image data),
you'll indeed use GPUs.

IndeX has a license fee for cluster use. I can get you in touch with
the folks I work with form NVidia if you'd like. They should be able
to elaborate more on the licensing options etc.

Utkarsh