[Paraview-developers] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Change in mpi operation of paraview and pvpython in ParaView 5.5.0-RC1-1

Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil
Fri Mar 9 15:13:26 EST 2018

Andy,

Running paraview with --no-mpi remove the requirement for starting MPI with
it.

It seems that the superbuild is defining PARAVIEW_INITIALIZE_MPI_ON_CLIENT
for some reason.

Looking in the RC2 of ParaView 5.5.0's main CMakeLists.txt file

configure_file(
  ${ParaView_SOURCE_DIR}/vtkPVConfig.h.in
  ${ParaView_BINARY_DIR}/vtkPVConfig.h
  @ONLY)

Is now setting PARAVIEW_INITIALIZE_MPI_ON_CLIENT
whereas with ParaView 5.4.1 it was being initialized to off.

I used cmake 3.10.2 to configure the superbuild for ParaView 5.5.0-RC2,
while I used cmake 3.9.1 to configure the superbuild for ParaView 5.4.1.

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph G. Hennessey Ph.D., SAIC
Team SAIC