[Paraview-developers] Backporting documentation

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Mar 1 09:45:27 EST 2018

Hi,

Now that ParaView is in its releace cycle, there may be code which
should go into both `release` and `master`. A wiki page for backporting
lives here:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/utils/git-workflow/wikis/Backport-topics

If anything is unclear, please let me know and I'll clarify the docs.

Note that ParaView's VTK submodule is tracking the `paraview/release`
branch in the VTK repository, so `Backport: paraview/release` should be
done for any VTK updates which should be put into ParaView's `release`
branch.

Thanks,

--Ben