[Paraview-developers] [EXTERNAL] Re: manual downloads

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Mon Jan 22 19:36:13 EST 2018

I sort of think not.  If a user is on an isolated network (such as a company proprietary network, or classified network), all the user wants are the tarballs, and directions how to find same.  He doesn't want to have to do another build from a machine that can see the internet.  What normally happens, (and you could talk me into saying THIS is an acceptable solution) I find, is people start the build, fail on the build, then cut and paste what failed to a web browser.  It would be nice to just know where that web page is, without having to go through the fail steps...

Alan