[Paraview-developers] failure to load plugin

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Feb 19 10:44:31 EST 2018

Edoardo,

I suspect you are building the plugin against a build of ParaView you have
created and you are attempting to load it in a different ParaView binary.
To do this correctly, your build of ParaView must either:

* exactly match the other ParaView binary, OR
* you must load the plugin in the ParaView binary against which the plugin
was built

HTH,
Cory

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 10:27 AM, Edoardo Pasca <edo.paskino at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've developed a plugin for paraview. It builds fine but loading it I get
> this mysterious error. Anyone can shed a light?
>
> ERROR: In C:\bbd\7cc78367\source-paraview\ParaViewCore\
> ClientServerCore\Core\vtkPVPluginLoader.cxx, line 388
>
> vtkPVPluginLoader (000001E430404720): T
>
> Thanks
>
> Edoardo
>
> --
> Edo
> I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not sure
> you realize that what you heard is not what I meant (prob. Alan Greenspan)
> :wq

> Paraview-developers

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer