[Paraview-developers] Help using a 3D Widget in a plugin

TUTHILL-JONES, DAN E. (Student) d.e.tuthill-jones at durham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 14 12:17:57 EST 2018

Hi again.

I have written a paraview reader plugin which supports loading my file format in various resolutions. I've got the reader to display a drop down box which allows you to select which resolution to load. As an extension to this, I'd like to be able to select an area using the box 3D widget. Once the area is select, then I'd like to be able to load it in a higher resolution. Filters such as clip use these widgets however the XML for these doesn't seem to contain values for the implicit functions/3D widgets that actually appear, just the drop down box to select which type to use. I've spent a long time looking in to how I can implement this area selection with a box widget but I haven't found much.

Could anybody please point me in the right direction?

Thanks again,

Dan