[Paraview-developers] Custom plugin drop down list

TUTHILL-JONES, DAN E. (Student) d.e.tuthill-jones at durham.ac.uk
Thu Feb 8 06:08:28 EST 2018

Hi,

Firstly apologies if this is the wrong place to post this king of thing.

I'm currently working on a reader plugin for paraview but I'm having a few issues with writing the XML for the GUI. the files I'm using contain multiple separate datasets and I'd like them to appear in a drop down box of which only one is selectable. I've been looking at the wiki page here: https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo#Adding_GUI_Parameters and various posts here but haven't been able to get exactly what I want working. I did manage to get the other drop down list working (the one where you can select/deselect each item). This uses some set and get methods in my reader's class and seemed to work very well. Unfortunately I haven't been able to apply this to the drop down box where only a single item is selectable.

Could anybody explain to me how the XML works or point me towards a thorough resource?

Thanks,

Dan

ParaView/Plugin HowTo - KitwarePublic<https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo#Adding_GUI_Parameters>
www.paraview.org
Introduction. ParaView comes with plethora of functionality bundled in: several readers, multitude of filters, quite a few different types of views etc.