[Paraview-developers] Catalyst error on SaveScreenshot

Deij-van Rijswijk, Menno M.Deij at marin.nl
Wed Oct 25 04:37:07 EDT 2017

Hi,

So far I have linked our co-processing interface to the full source build of paraview, which works. In a bid to reduce the memory footprint and binary size I linked to the Catalyst edition “Base/Enable-Python/Essentials/Extras/Rendering-Base/Rendering-Base-Python”. The memory footprint is indeed reduced, so it seems worthwhile to use a Catalyst edition. When I try to save an image, however, the pipeline that works fine on the executable linked to the full ParaView build gives an error on the executable linked to the Catalyst build:

  File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
  File "coproc.py", line 180, in DoCoProcessing

  File "/home/mdeij/src/Catalyst/build/lib/site-packages/paraview/coprocessing.py", line 271, in WriteImages
    magnification=view.cpMagnification, quality=quality)
  File "/home/mdeij/src/Catalyst/build/lib/site-packages/paraview/simple.py", line 1071, in SaveScreenshot
    return _SaveScreenshotLegacy(filename, view=view, **params)
  File "/home/mdeij/src/Catalyst/build/lib/site-packages/paraview/simple.py", line 997, in _SaveScreenshotLegacy
    ImageQuality=imageQuality)
  File "/home/mdeij/src/Catalyst/build/lib/site-packages/paraview/simple.py", line 1080, in SaveScreenshot
    options = servermanager.misc.SaveScreenshot()
AttributeError: 'PVModule' object has no attribute 'SaveScreenshot'

Any idea why this happens and how to fix it? Am I using the right Edition(s)?

Thanks and best wishes,

Menno Deij – van Rijswijk

dr. ir. Menno A. Deij-van Rijswijk | Researcher / Software Engineer | MARIN Software Group
MARIN | T +31 317 49 35 06 | M.Deij at marin.nl<mailto:M.Deij at marin.nl> | www.marin.nl<http://www.marin.nl>

[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/marin> [YouTube] <http://www.youtube.com/marinmultimedia>  [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/MARIN_nieuws>  [Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/marin.wageningen>
MARIN news: NAV 2018 Call for papers<http://www.marin.nl/web/News/News-items/NAV-2018-Call-for-papers.htm>