[Paraview-developers] Buildbots migrated to Qt5

Cornelis Bockemühl cornelis.bockemuehl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 03:32:06 EDT 2017

Good morning,

I just finished to move my entire ParaView related development to latest
versions, i.e. I migrated:

- from VS 2010 to 2015
- from Qt 4.8.4 to 5.8
- from ParaView 5.2 (some pre-release) to 5.3 ("official release")

After the normal little struggles I managed to get this built - with the
exception of 5 targets:

- LagrangianParticleTracker
- SierraPlotTools
- SLACTools
- StreamLinesRepresentation
- NonOrthogonalSource

For all of them the final error comes from MOC and it is: "Undefined
interface"

Now I don't care so much about these 5 items, but I am developing some own
plugins, the latest effort being to have some customized property widget -
and it turns out: I am running into the same "Undefined interface" issue!

Thanks to your findings already I understand that this is a Qt 5.8 problem
- and that there are some fixes around that are supposed to go into Qt
5.8.1 - but this is not out yet, and I also do not see any preliminary
fixes.

My options are now:

- just sit and wait for Qt 5.8.1, hope that it will fix the problem, and
continue programming other things in the meantime - no idea about how long
this will take!

- downgrade to some earlier version of Qt - with the side effect of having
to downgrade also the VS version again - tedous and maybe not required!

- OR - ideally! - somebody can give me access to some fixed version of MOC
(and whatever else may be required) so I can get around this "Undefined
interface" stuff.

Another option would of course be to find a workaround, i.e. writing a
custom property widget without running into this problem, but I already
tried this and did not find a solution either...

Many thanks for helpful hints!

Regards,
Cornelis

> On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 11:16:41 -0500, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> > This looks to be a 5.8 thing on Windows; 5.7.0 doesn't have this issue.
> > I'll try and get to look at this more today.
>
> Indeed, it's a 5.8 issue. It's patched locally on the machines; trying
> to get it upstream now for 5.8.1.
>
> > Enabling Qt5 required lz4 on this build; I installed the package and
> > restarted the failed build I saw; if there are others, let me know.
>
> All required packages have been installed on `vall`.
>
> --Ben
> Paraview-developers

Cornelis Bockemühl
Basel, Schweiz