[Paraview-developers] failed to compile H5detect.c

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Wed Mar 22 00:36:34 EDT 2017

Hi Jean,

I've encountered this before and while I don't know the exact cause of it,
it's somehow related to building out of /dev/shm.  I know it doesn't make
any sense but I spend a few days on this error when I finally got a
successful build by accident when I happend to use a build directory on an
actual filesystem.  So, as wierd as it sounds, try the build out of an
actual disk backed filesystem and it will probably work.

Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.